Monday, July 30, 2007

GOAN COCKTAIL

Goa, lord Parusharams land was the destination of our long awaited holiday, even though it was the height of monsoon no one had second thoughts about going to Goa. I boarded the train at Surathkal, the train was late may be signifying the nature of our whole trip. Abhinav Arun Mama and Ramps, boarded the train in Udupi. The time I boarded the train I was wet and soggy but had a smile on my face. The train journey was awesome, seeing the western ghats in its full monsoon glory was a treat to the eyes. The passing by tunnels signifying the great Engineering marvel called Konkan Railway. Madgaon welcomed us with a light shower, the taxi guy dropping us at our resort in Colva. The guys were jumping as they had not seen a beach in their lives, but i found it not much different from any beach around Surathkal(After all I live along a beach and visit it almost weekly) Then we hired the bikes from some guy Abhinav found out ,two pulsars and one Honda Activa, may be our most dreadful decision. The next we set out for Fort Aguada on the northern side of Goa, visiting Big Foot along the way, we all wishing for something (mama in fact wished thrice). But no one of us wished the rains to stop which wast the best possible wish at that point of time) facing the rains we reached fort Aguada, I crashed the Activa and it got a dent. On reaching Aguada we simply took a rest in it after the tiresome ride rather than enjoying the beauty of the Portuguese fort. Then we returned to Panjim along the same dreadful path. On reaching we took refuge in a Kamat hotel and had lunch. I and ramp explored the city and found it was absolutely dead as it was a Sunday but I finally found a liquor shop open and bought some Fenny to carry back to Surathkal. But on returning to Colva after driving a lot on the highway (which was awesome)(arun got rid of Hundered bucks from his wallet as he wasnt wearing a Helmet) we were shocked as the guy we rented out the bikes asked for rupees 2000 for the damage to his activa. This after a hrad round of bargaining came down to 1000 bucks. This was total damage. This was a crisis point and we all learnt our lessons, maybe I the most. After that we returned the other bikes. And I boarded the bus to Madgaon to catch my bus to Mangalore as I had the lab of He Who Must Not Be Named. On reaching Madgain I had 3 hours to kill. I went into a bata showroom and bought a pair of Slip Ons and then went and reported at the Bus pickup point. After that I went to eat some fish (which I had not yet tasted this time in Goa) and found a cool place and had some Lady fish fry. Then on the Bus I met one Mr. Sawant who worked in Mangalore we chatted for about 2 hours then went to sleep. This was perhaps the first time in my college life that I did not want to return to NITK. I did not know invisible tears were surely flowing my eyes. I think I have missed the best part as the others stayed back for two more days (that will be their story). By the way I dropped some guy on My activa which I think was another pretty cool thing to do.

1 comment:

tHE HacKmasTer said...

hmmm...well that was quite a account...for full story chk out my blog